DSE Aluma-Frame Front Suspension System - (1964.5-70 Mustang - Base Shocks - Ford 5x4.5" Bolt Pattern)
All aluminum front suspension system for 1964.5 -1970 Mustangs featuring Detroit Speed’s unique suspension geometry with 6” of suspension travel for the ultimate in ride and performance.
Detroit Speed, Inc. Aluma-Frame Features:
• Unique cast aluminum cradle and mounting components resulting in a high strength to weight ratio and precise fitment
• Tubular upper and lower control arms
• ‘Detroit Tuned’ rack and pinion steering
• DSE/JRi aluminum coilover shocks with 'Detroit Tuned' valving available in fixed valve, single adjustable, double adjustable, or remote canister double
• Torrington Bearings
• Splined integrated style Sway bar
• Detroit Speed’s Speed-LIGN™ (patent pending) caster/camber adjusters allow a wide range of adjustability to be made precisely and quickly without needing any
• Utilizes aluminum uprights and hub packs with a Ford 5" x 4-1/2" bolt pattern
• Can fit up to P265/35R18 tires on a 9” rim on early models and up to P295/35R18 tires on a 10.5” rim on later models
• Retains stock framerails and inner fenders and only requires a small amount of fabrication for installation
• Engine mount kits available for Ford small block Windsor engines, Ford FE big block engines, Ford 4.6, 5.4, and Coyote 5.0 modular engines including the
Boss 302; as well as, GM LS engines
• Spanner Tool for easy shock adjustments
• Forged Detroit Speed Spindle
• Composite Sway Bar Bushings
Spring Rate: 400lbs
The DSE/JRI ‘Detroit Tuned’ base shock is a ‘pure blood pedigree’ racing shock in its most efficient form as a non-adjustable unit. Although non-adjustable, it shares all the increased dynamic responses of all the JRI adjustable models while providing excellent ride quality on the street.
Note: Sway bar arms are satin black, upper and lower control arms are gloss black.
Note: Must use at least 17” wheels that require a minimum inside wheel diameter of 16.250".
Note: The Aluma-Frame will need to be modified to clear the alternator on the Coyote engine application. Detroit Speed offers an alternator relocation bracket, P/N 060436 that will be required along with modifying the Aluma-Frame to fit the Coyote engine. Please call to order.
Note: For competition applications, the Detroit Speed rack & pinion fluid transfer conversion kit will replace the hardlines on your Detroit Speed rack & pinion using -4 AN steel fittings. The hoses are Teflon lined to handle the high pressure demands of the steering system and come with pre-crimped stainless steel fittings to attach to the -4 AN fittings. See upgrades below.