Chevrolet Performance LS7 505HP 7.0L
A FUTURE CLASSIC
With its classic 427-cubic-inch displacement and racing-derived features, including featherweight titanium connecting rods, the 505-hp LS7 7.0L made its mark in the C6 Corvette Z06 and advanced its legacy in the fifth-generation Camaro Z/28.
Chevrolet Performance’s powerful LS7 crate engine is based on the production specifications of the Gen 5 Z/28 application, including unique Tri-Y exhaust manifolds, which are designed to take advantage of the engine’s firing order to deliver a combination of pulse separation of adjacent firing cylinders and improved scavenging – all for optimal performance.
The LS7 is hand-assembled at the Performance Build Center at GM’s Bowling Green, Ky., assembly plant. It uses a unique cylinder block casting with pressed-in steel cylinder liners to accommodate the engine’s large, 4.125-inch cylinder bores – with deck-plate boring and honing for optimized bore geometry. The bottom end is complemented by high-flow, CNC-ported heads featuring large-volume, straight-passage intake runners and 2.20-inch titanium intake valves.
Our crate engine package includes a dry-sump oil pan. Builders will need to supply the external oil tank and oil lines to the engine, but the rest of the assembly is fully dressed. Use LS7 Controller Kit P/N 19354334 to get it running in your project vehicle.
Part Number: 19329246
Engine Type: LS-Series Small-Block V-8
Displacement (cu in): 427 (7.0L)
Bore x Stroke (in): 4.125 x 4.000 (104.8 x 101.6mm)
Block (P/N 12602689): Cast-aluminum with 6-bolt steel main bearing caps
Crankshaft (P/N 12611649): Forged steel
Connecting Rods (P/N 12661677): Forged titanium
Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
Camshaft Type (P/N 12638426): Hydraulic roller
Camshaft Lift (in): .593 intake / .588 exhaust
Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 211° intake / 230° exhaust
Cylinder Heads (P/N 12578449): CNC ported LS7-style ports 70cc CNC combustion chambers
Valve size (in): 2.200 titanium intake, 1.610 sodium-filled exhaust
Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
Rocker Arms: Investment-cast, roller trunnion
Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.8:1 (offset, intake only)
Recommended Fuel: Premium pump
Maximum Recommended rpm: 7,000
Reluctor Wheel: 58x
• Assembly does not include any electronics
• Use LS7 Controller Kit P/N 19354334 for engine operation. Kit includes electronic throttle pedal, which is required for throttle input to the ECU
• Comes assembled with 14" Camaro Z/28 168-tooth manual transmission flywheel
• LS7 is the same size and mounts the same as other LS-Series engines
• Includes Camaro Z/28 dry sump oil pan – requires production or aftermarket oil lines and oil tank (not included)
• Use oil hose adapters P/N 25534412 to adapt to AN -12 fittings
• Intended for pre-1976 street vehicles or any off-road vehicle
• Not intended for marine applications